Chronicles Of A Greenbeard - Deep Rock Galactica Pt I

© Ghost Ship Games

All rights reserved

The corporation reunited us as a team but Rock and Stone made us brothers.

Hey dear readers, welcome to this new section, the Chronicles Of A Greenbeard, it's still on the works but I absolutely had to start with the game that gives us the name, Deep Rock Galactica.

This section will work contextual from game to game at least on the planning we decided that.

Important explanation: This section won't be a review, will be more of sharing my experience with the game&community and hope that someone will feel encouraged to enter or to run away if necessary depending on their respective conclusions.
 
The point of this new section will be explaining the experience of entering a new community on a preferred established game and share the journey with our readers.

The start of the journey with this madlad

For this game I will be explaining my experience from being a complete novice to at least mid way of becoming a glorious greybeard because I don't have the knowledge yet to be one of them but I will continue working on it.

The thing is that if I wait to reach that point this section will take months to get back every time and to be honest I don't have way much time to invest (this don't mean that I won't invest the hours necessary to experiment all the game)

For starters there is an absolutely wonderful community for newbies, in my first ten hours of game I worked along lot of players that always were all in on helping a fellow green beard.

When I was discovering the game, my class utility and the way to complete objectives, lots of funny things happened.

We were trapped in a tunnel being chased by a big boss, we fell to our death because a fellow engineer was shooting down a pod and we were passing by, these type of moments has made my journey so much better and significant.

Our boy Bosco is a huge help on the solitary missions or while waiting your crew

I constantly jumped from a class to another for testing purposes but at the end I sticked to the driller, having the possibility to make an straight ridiculous long tunnel to the drop pod was awesome.

The game does a good job to instruct you on the different minerals and the uses of them with the laser pointer, also every time you enter a stage you will have some mini tutorials for the essential things, for someone who jumps a lot between different games this was a huge help.

The M.U.L.E (or Molly for the boys) is also a great addition for those mineral seeking journeys to the underworld, it's one more of your trusty team and serves as a point to deposit mineral and keep collecting more,  plus the light that provides, a minor help on these moments when your flares are on cool down.

Some little bonding time with the team

Entering on the gameplay, we are on the underworld of a really dangerous planet, full of minerals and dangers on the same quantity, the corporation Deep Rock Galactic are convinced of getting all these ores and they won't be lacking on dwarves for the job(us).

The different biomas and caves makes for a very enjoyable experience, plus the teamwork makes the most important part of my experience as a Greenbeard.

To put things in perspective, one of my first missions was to get some alien eggs, we started very strong and got 5 of them pretty fast but the swarms got out of our control and only one fellow dwarf keep the fight.

That took some time before he could come, help me and our team for together save the mission, was a really cool experience because the most missions to this point were pretty straight forward and never got to a point of no control of the situation for the team.

We shattered in pieces the no dwarf gets behind, a sad loss for the world of videogames.

That's it for today, I'm slowly working my way to dangerous new territory, if you like this new section don't forget to stay tuned, also don't hesitate to make a comment or any feedback that you want.

I don't exactly know when I will continue but I will, don't ever doubt it, it's a really good experience to enter a consolidated community and be welcomed.

See you on the next one!.

Additional note : If you like the content please consider following us on:

Twitter: @TheChroniclesOG 

Facebook: The Chronicles Of A Gamer

Support the project: Buy Me A Coffee

Quora as The Chronicles Of A Gamer for more relaxed content like memes and other things relationed with the world of videogames.

We have a community on Reddit too, see us as r/TheChroniclesOfAGamer to be the first one to see our new content.

Also you can consult the Contact Us page for a direct way of contact for business or feedback, feel free to get in touch.

Comments